Tuesday, September 22, 2009

BIDET


Wait, wait, wait. You don't have a bidet in your bathroom?

As I sat here wondering what to blog about, I thought a bidet would be rather interesting.

When I came to see my apartment I noticed the bidet (bih-day) as soon as I entered the bathroom. Personally I thought it was rather exciting. I felt so sophisticated. I mean its not like you get to wash your butt every time you use the restroom at home. How European of me.

Finally, after about three days in my apartment when no one was home I decided to use the bidet. Not too impressed. You still have to go through all the wiping procedure, then after using it your bum is still wet. No one like o put on tight underwear when their bum is wet. Gross.

I asked my roommate from the Canary Islands if he ever uses a bidet. His response was great. "Solamente para limpiar mis pies." Love that response. I'm sure it is nice for washing your feet I haven't tested this yet, but they do get really dirty walking around Madrid in flipflops.

So, for all of you in the U.S. don't get too upset if you don't have a bidet in your bathroom. They really are not that great.

But please, do wash your hand after using the restroom.

1 comment:

  1. If you don't use your Bidet you will never find out how well they work. Trust me on this one, if you use it for at least few weeks and keep a hand towel or toilet paper around to dry yourself, you will learn to love it. Next time your hands are real dirty try cleaning them with a dry paper towel and don't use water!

    ReplyDelete